Also Featured In
Chateau de Versailles
Type: Architecture, Day Trips, Family Friendly, Gardens, Historic Sites, Sightseeing, Uniquely Here
- Château: Tue-Sun 9am-6:30pm
- Trianons: Tue-Sun Noon-6:30pm
- Formal Gardens: Daily 8am-8:30pm
- Park: Daily 7am-8:30pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Passport Adult () 16 - 25; Child (0-17) Free
Palace Adult 10 - 15; Child (18-25) Free - 15; Child (0-17) Free
Formal Gardens Free - 5
Trianons Adult 6 - 10; Child (18-25) Free - 10; Child (0-17) Free
- Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions, Museums: "Make a day of it. Versailles, especially if you take in its gardens, too, which you simply must, is worthy of an entire day's excursion at least."
- Historic Sites: "Be sure to include Queen Marie-Antoinette's estate, the Petit Trianon, and its gardens in your visit. Gifted to his queen by King Louis XVI in 1774, the estate was only opened in 2006 and offers a glimpse into Marie-Antoinette's private life."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A beautifully preserved and meticulously restored remnant of the heyday of the opulent lifestyles of France's Kings and Queens.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: This is a must-see when in Paris - with comfortable walking shoes!
- Best for Historic Sites Because: This was the residence of French royalty and seat of French government from 1682 until the French Revolution. It's on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Best for Museums Because: Adults and children alike find this most extraordinary of palaces a wonder and a delight to visually feast upon.