Fernbank Museum of Natural History
Type: IMAX Theaters, Museums, Science Museums
This highly interactive museum provides activities, stories, crafts and performances. Regular interactive traveling exhibits always offer something new. Permanent exhibits include Fernbank... Read More
This highly interactive museum provides activities, stories, crafts and performances. Regular interactive traveling exhibits always offer something new. Permanent exhibits include Fernbank NatureQuest, the newest way for kids to explore nature and science through immersive exhibits; A Walk Through Time in Georgia, with a dinosaur gallery and a giant sloth; and Sensing Nature, demonstrating the role our senses play on our interpretation of the environment. Other features in the museum include its floors made of fossils, the star gallery, its forest and rose garden. Fernbank Forest is currently being re-established by the museum, but you can take a guided walk periodically. Check the calendar for details. Don't miss the new outdoor exhibit coming in 2016, separate from Fernbank Forest.
- Mon 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tue 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Wed 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Thu 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fri 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fri 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Sat 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sun 12:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Museum Adult $15; Senior (62+) $14; Student $14; Child (3-12) $13; Child (2 and under) Free
IMAX Adult $13; Senior (62+) $12; Student $12; Child (3-12) $11; Child (2 and under) Free
- Museums: "Martinis & IMAX on Friday nights is the perfect date night experience. Don't forget to download the museum app on your phone."
- Best for Museums Because: From Georgia's history to DeSoto's artifacts and from dinosaur encounters to hands-on science tools, there is something for everyone.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Spice up date night with a Friday night venture to the museum's popular Martinis & IMAX experience."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Dinosaurs, films with cocktails, beautiful grounds, regularly rotating exhibits and an active calendar make this a must-see for kids and adults.