Type: Bar, Hotel Bar, Late Night / After Hours, Wine Bar
This blue-domed rotating restaurant and bar sits perched atop the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, with stunning views of the city. The first rooftop restaurant in the city, it originally opened in 1967, and... Read More
This blue-domed rotating restaurant and bar sits perched atop the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, with stunning views of the city. The first rooftop restaurant in the city, it originally opened in 1967, and then closed for a decade in the early 2000s. Recently reopened in summer 2014, the space now boasts a contemporary, high-end feel, with a museum-like throwback to the past. Specialty cocktails introduce guests to classic, seasonal concoctions with a modern twist. Unique ingredients include honey from Hyatt Regency's rooftop bees and craft spirits from small batch distilleries. From the open, residential-style kitchen emerge shareable small plates inspired by local, seasonal ingredients. The rooftop garden also grows tomatoes, beans, peppers, herbs, flowers and other produce, all of which is served in Polaris. Dinner at Polaris is unforgettable, but not necessary. Having a cocktail at Polaris just might be the perfect end to a romantic date night.
265 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Bars: "Parking is free if you get your parking ticket validated. While you're rotating, be on the lookout for the beehives atop Hyatt Regency. Several cocktails include the sweet honey from these hives."
- Best for Bars Because: Superior cocktails with choice ingredients and unique distillers set Polaris apart from other bars. The high-end ambience encourages you to settle in for the long-haul.
- Lounges, Bars near Georgia Dome: "Call in advance to make a reservation."
- Best for Lounges Because: This new, rotating restaurant and bar has become a popular spot for sipping and socializing.
- Best for Bars near Georgia Dome Because: This rooftop bar rotates! It's a great place to bring a date or work colleagues after a game.
Find the 10Best nearby: