Also Featured In
Savannah Children's Museum
Type: Children's Museums, Museums, Outdoor Activities - Summer, Outdoor Activities - Winter
This two-level, outdoor museum, which opened in June 2012, encourages kids to use their hands, make noise and interact with their surroundings. The Savannah Children's Museum features more than a... Read More
This two-level, outdoor museum, which opened in June 2012, encourages kids to use their hands, make noise and interact with their surroundings. The Savannah Children's Museum features more than a dozen exhibits in the Imagination Station, including an underground archeology table, imagination playground, giant building blocks and life-size games such as tic-tac-toe. Other unique exhibits include a maze that features a giant Lego panel, an interactive garden and a misting station to keep kids cool on hot days. The museum is located in the ruins of the old Central of Georgia Railroad station, which adds an element of historic charm to the unique play space.
655 Louisville Rd
Savannah, GA 31401
- Sep: -; May Wed-Sat; 10am-4pm
- Sun: 11am-4pm Jun; -; Aug Mon-Sat; 9am-2pm
- (1+) $7.50
- Things to Do with Kids, Family-Friendly Museums: "Take advantage of your location and plan a full, fun day for the kids. After exploring the Children's Museum, head to the nearby Georgia State Railroad Museum, then have lunch at Whistlestop Cafe, where you can dine in an authentic 1941 Pullman train car."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Savannah Children's Museum--an outdoor playspace that blends historic details with modern touches--keeps kids entertained for hours thanks to innovative hands-on exhibits.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Savannah Children's Museum is the city's ultimate interactive play space. Kids will love the hands-on activities, and adults will dig the cool historic details.