Cuisine: American, Caribbean, European, Mediterranean, Southern
Price Range: $
This Midtown eatery touts itself as serving "endearing food," specializing in good, old-fashioned comfort food. An array of sandwiches, salads and entrees offer plenty of choices from fried freshwater... Read More
This Midtown eatery touts itself as serving "endearing food," specializing in good, old-fashioned comfort food. An array of sandwiches, salads and entrees offer plenty of choices from fried freshwater catfish to pot roast, fried shrimp dinner and meatloaf, sure to please the most discerning Southern palate. A long list of sides includes lemon collard greens, roasted Brussels sprouts, black-eyed peas, corn pudding, steamed cabbage, dilled lima beans and more. You'll find the perfect finale in their legendary banana pudding, chocolate chip pecan pie or sweet potato pie. An ample list of wines, beer, craft beer and other refreshments are also available.
6825 Waters Ave
Savannah, GA 31406
- Mon-Sat 11am-9pm
- Southern: "If you're in the mood for a sandwich, try Sweet Potatoes' unique BLT. The filling sandwich has several crispy strips of bacon on a hoagie roll with lettuce, tomatoes and a delicious homemade tartar sauce."
- Best for Southern Because: Sweet Potatoes offers good, tasty Southern cuisine in a comfortable setting.
- Best for Homestyle Because: You'll have sweet dreams of fried catfish and corn pudding after your meal at Sweet Potatoes, an outstanding Midtown eatery with a great home-style menu.
- Recommended as Best of Savannah's Midtown Because: Sweet Potatoes is Southern and soul food done right. Portions are generous and prices are reasonable.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Sweet Potatoes features gourmet Southern fare at reasonable prices. The vegetable plate, featuring four homemade sides, is a lot of food for a low price.