Also Featured In
Type: Parks, Romantic, Sightseeing
This 30-acre park at the southern edge of the Historic District offers something for everyone. The magnificent two-tiered, white cast-iron fountain, made famous in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and... Read More
This 30-acre park at the southern edge of the Historic District offers something for everyone. The magnificent two-tiered, white cast-iron fountain, made famous in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" is a "must see." Built in 1858, it may be the most photographed attraction in all of Savannah. Covering 30 acres, this lush park is a hub of activity and the scene of concerts, sports, people-watching and even sunbathing - depending on where you are. On Saturdays, a farmer's market offers fresh produce and flowers. Two playgrounds offer kids a place to burn off steam, while parents relax nearby. The park café is the place for breakfast and lunch, along with an array of beverages including Starbucks coffee, beer and wine.
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Visit Forsyth Park in mid-March when the azaleas are in full bloom. The red, pink and white floral explosion usually coincides with the annual greening of the fountain for St. Patrick's Day."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The most photographed attraction in the city, it's a great place for people-watching simply "chilling out."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: You can't leave Savannah without walking through Forsyth Park and having your picture taken in front of the iconic two-tiered cast-iron fountain.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Forsyth Park is a favorite spot for kids and their parents thanks to two playgrounds, vast green space and an interactive fountain in the summertime.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Forsyth Park's iconic fountain, two playgrounds, historic monuments, fragrant garden and acres of green space are free for anyone to enjoy.
- Best for Parks Because: Forsyth Park has a little something for everyone--playgrounds, monuments, lots of green space, benches, a café, a stunning fountain and more. Bring your camera.