Cuisine: Crawfish, European, Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood
It was in 1987 when Varoulko restaurant was born in Piraeus. Along with it came a new style of seafood cooking created by Lefteris Lazarou. Lazarou was the first chef in Greece to cook a seafood menu... Read More
It was in 1987 when Varoulko restaurant was born in Piraeus. Along with it came a new style of seafood cooking created by Lefteris Lazarou. Lazarou was the first chef in Greece to cook a seafood menu at a fine dining restaurant and to introduce the public to less known and previously neglected types of fish. Lazarou received a great number of awards through the years, including a Michelin star in 2002 �the first one ever awarded to a chef serving Greek cuisine. Lazarou holds his star since then. After spending a decade ashore, Lefteris Lazarou sailed back to his old neighborhood. The brand new Varoulko Seaside in Mikrolimano, Piraeus, is here to stay and is now open both during the day and during the evening offering two different menus: a simple, meze-style one for lunch and an elegant and creative one for dinner. Enjoy the sunset view in the late afternoon for a romantic touch
Akti Koumoundourou 52
- Restaurants near Cruise Port, Best Restaurants, Waterfront Dining: "Gastronomic seafood and fish experience"
- Outdoor Dining: "Gastronomic seafood and fish experience in exquisite surroundings"
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: Awarded chef Lefteris Lazarou guarantees a superior quality gastronomic experience
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The ambience and the excellent food make Varoulko a favorite
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: Well known for the excellent cuisine, a favorite destination in Piraeus
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The environment, the tastes and the all over experience are top grade
Find the 10Best nearby: