Explore Big Island
Hilo Bay Café
Cuisine: American, Asian, Hawaiian
Price Range: $$
Don't let appearances deceive you � there are more than just burgers and fries at this unassuming restaurant. You will find dishes like stuffed chicken breast with bacon and pine nuts, and... Read More
Don't let appearances deceive you � there are more than just burgers and fries at this unassuming restaurant. You will find dishes like stuffed chicken breast with bacon and pine nuts, and artichoke, garlic, and cream cheese ravioli. Lunch features salads, sandwiches, and comfort food entrees (try the vegetarian pot pie). An even balance of meat and meatless plates keeps everyone happy, and the waitstaff are happy to suggest wine pairings for your meal. The sleep, modern and elegantly classy atmosphere creates the perfect experience for a romantic date night. You'll feel alone at your dimly lit corner table.
- Romantic Dining: "Try local beers on tap and the fresh caught fish."
- Restaurants near Cruise Port, Hilo's Best Restaurants: "Always make a reservation at the this restaurant."
- Family Friendly, Farm to Table, Lunch: "Try local beers on tap and the unique pot pie."
- Homestyle, Late Night, Waterfront Dining, Dessert: "Check the dessert special"
- Best Restaurants: "The pot pie is amazing."
- Beach Restaurants: "Dinner reservations are a must."
- Seafood: "Make a reservation if you're going for dinner."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Hilo Bay Cafe now rests over the ocean offering gorgeous views and a sushi bar.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port, Hilo's Best Restaurants Because: Just a short drive from the Hilo port, Hilo Bay Cafe is one of the most modern and gourmet eateries in HIlo.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Hilo Bay Cafe is upscale, but is family friendly and offers a kid's menu and crayons.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Gourmet pot pies, ribs, and desserts make Hilo Bay Cafe the ultimate comfort homestyle restaurant.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Hilo Bay Cafe serves delicious locally sourced food in their casual elegant oceanfront setting.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Hilo Bay Cafe's new oceanfront location makes up for the only thing it was previously lacking - a perfect location.
- Best for Late Night Because: With last call for food at 9 p.m. at this eatery, Hilo Bay Cafe is one of the few places in Hilo to dine that late.
- Best for Waterfront Dining, Seafood Because: Making a home in its new oceanfront locations, Hilo Bay Cafe uses locally grown ingredients to create gourmet dishes.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Hilo Bay Cafe uses locally grown ingredients to create gourmet dishes.