Explore Big Island
Also Featured In
Island Lava Java
Cuisine: American, Coffee Shop, Hawaiian
Price Range: $
Coffee fans love the Big Island for many reasons, and this place is one of them. You'll find freshly brewed, 100 percent Kona coffee here, along with an assortment of sweets and sandwiches. The menu... Read More
Coffee fans love the Big Island for many reasons, and this place is one of them. You'll find freshly brewed, 100 percent Kona coffee here, along with an assortment of sweets and sandwiches. The menu is pretty thorough, and you can get a variety of eggs, waffles, and other savory breakfast dishes. A great place to people-watch, it's situated directly across from the beach, where human activity is non-stop. It's a short walk from the Kailua-Kona cruise port, and a quick stop if your exploring the ocean front town on foot. Grab a bite to eat and enjoy it across the street at the beach.
- Restaurants near Cruise Port, Family Friendly, Homestyle, Outdoor Dining, Breakfast, Best Value, Lunch: "Take the meal to go or enjoy people watching at an outdoor table near the ocean."
- Best Restaurants: "Hands down the best breakfast joint in Kona."
- Beach Restaurants: "Walk across the street and have your meal on the beach."
- Take Out: "Take the meal to go and enjoy across the street at the beach."
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: In close proximity to the Kona port, Island Lava Java is the best coffee shop in Kona.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Island Lava Java serves good food, with a beach area across the street to enjoy with children.
- Best for Homestyle Because: This coffee shop is homestyle in the sense that is serves delicious versions of what's often made in a home kitchen.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Island Lava Java is Kona's answer to the quintessential coffee shop.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Island Lava Java serves delicious Kona coffee and quick eats, and is located right across from the ocean.
- Best for Outdoor Dining, Take Out Because: Island Lava Java is the ideal place for to go food, it's good on the go and there's plenty of outdoor places to enjoy it nearby.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Island Lava Java has really good food that's served in a fun environment.