Explore Big Island
Also Featured In
Kona Brewing Company: Kailua-Kona Pub & Brewery
Price Range: $
Just across the street from the cruise port, the pub at the Big Island's most famous brewery is a terrific place to wind down after shopping. Brewery tours are quick and personal – an added bonus is... Read More
Just across the street from the cruise port, the pub at the Big Island's most famous brewery is a terrific place to wind down after shopping. Brewery tours are quick and personal – an added bonus is that visitors over 21 get to sample the products. Kona's on premises brewpub serves cold mugs of the brewery's top sellers, including Fire Rock Pale, Pacific Golden Ale, and Longboard Lager, and the cozy setting easily pulls you in, making it difficult to leave. Great Hawaiian influenced pub grub – pizzas, salads, and sandwiches – is also available. Sample what's in season since the rest of the brews can be found all year long.
- Pub: Sun-Thu 11am-10pm; Fri-Sat 11am-11pm
- Tours: Mon-Fri 10:30am, 3pm
- No cover charge; Tours Free
- Restaurants near Cruise Port: "Go with a brew that's uniquely in season, the rest is always on the shelves."
- Family Friendly, Hawaiian: "For a Hawaiian food on international cuisine, try the kalua pork nachos or the lawai'a special sandwich."
- Late Night, Kona Coast's Best Restaurants, Outdoor Dining, Take Out: "Order pizzas and enjoy them down the street on the Kailua Pier."
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: This brewery serves delicious, locally crafted beer with a menu of top tier bar food.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Kona Brewing Company serves food kids will love, in an upbeat open air environment that is kid friendly.
- Best for Late Night Because: With last call at 10 p.m., Kona Brewing Company has it's doors open later than most restaurants in Kona.
- Best for Kona Coast's Best Restaurants, Outdoor Dining Because: Offering delicious food and micro brews, the brewing company offers ample outdoor seating lit by torch at night.
- Best for Take Out Because: Offering delicious pizzas and burgers, the brewing company served ideal food to take to eat at a nearby beach.
- Best for Hawaiian Because: Kona Brewing Co. serves delicious local beers and great bar food with a Hawaiian and Pacific twist.