Cuisine: Fusion, Hawaiian, Regional
Price Range: $$$
Head to Hawaii Kai in East Honolulu to the ocean-side Roy's restaurant. It's where owner and chef Roy Yamaguchi opened his first Hawaii Regional cuisine restaurant more than 25 years ago. And now that... Read More
Head to Hawaii Kai in East Honolulu to the ocean-side Roy's restaurant. It's where owner and chef Roy Yamaguchi opened his first Hawaii Regional cuisine restaurant more than 25 years ago. And now that the internationally known chef has locations across the U.S. the original Roy's is still a fine dining classic. Kick off your romantic night out with an order of sushi or Roy's dim sum style canoe for two which comes with mini crab cakes, miso salmon tempura roll, Szechuan pork ribs, shrimp sticks and Chinatown chicken spring rolls. The "ocean" entrees feature seared butterfish, blackened ahi, pan roasted ehu and mochiko crusted Kauai prawns. "Land" dishes include veal tenderloin Milanese, Jidori chicken and honey mustard grilled beef short ribs.
- Waikiki's Best Restaurants, Leeward Oahu's Best Restaurants, Outdoor Dining, Vegetarian: "Make reservations."
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Order fresh local fish or local grass fed beef for a locovore's gluten free experience."
- Best Restaurants: "Try the chocolate souffle."
- Kapolei's Best Restaurants: "Reservations are always a good idea for Roy's."
- Kahala's Best Restaurants: "When making reservations, make sure you call the Kahala rather than the Honolulu location."
- Best for Waikiki's Best Restaurants, Leeward Oahu's Best Restaurants, Kapolei's Best Restaurants Because: Famous for being one of Hawaii's best regional restaurants, Roy's serves amazing Hawaiian and Asian fusion.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus, Best Restaurants Because: Roy's offers elegant island style ambiance and delicious Pacific Rim dishes.
- Best for Kahala's Best Restaurants Because: Roy's is magnificent, all around. Great service, great food, and great drinks make it one of the island's best restaurants.