Also Featured In
Type: Historic Sites, Tours and Excursions
The nearly 140-year-old Iolani Palace served five Hawaiian kings. The palace also had electricity and telephones installed several years before the White House. Step into the fascinating history of... Read More
The nearly 140-year-old Iolani Palace served five Hawaiian kings. The palace also had electricity and telephones installed several years before the White House. Step into the fascinating history of the Hawaiian kingdom and its people with a visit to Iolani Palace. The palace is located in the heart of Honolulu and today is adjacent to the state capitol building. A tour of the palace includes a visit of the first and second floors and basement of Iolani Palace as well as the accompanying barracks and the manicured royal grounds. There are self-led audio tours available, but for a richer experience, reserve a docent-guided tour.
- Mon-Sat 8:30am-3:45pm
- Tours Adult $14.75 - $21.75
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Visit the palace at the beginning of your trip for a better understanding and respect of Hawaii's traditions and culture."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Iolani Palace is a great place to learn about the Hawaiian kingdom's history and culture.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: This is the original palace that royalty called home until the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Iolani Palace is the ideal place for history buffs, and is close to the port.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Iolani Palace is a splendid place to learn about Hawaiian history and culture.