Also Featured In
Waimea Bay Beach Park
Type: Beaches, Parks
Deceptively beautiful, this scenic cove � home to some of the planet's most unforgiving surf � can mean death to naive swimmers. That is, in winter, anyway, when the waves churn up and... Read More
Deceptively beautiful, this scenic cove � home to some of the planet's most unforgiving surf � can mean death to naive swimmers. That is, in winter, anyway, when the waves churn up and some of surfing's best talents take to the sea to prove their mettle. In this season, rip currents are strong, and waves can rise to thirty feet. Summer brings calmer waters, however, and even mere mortals can enjoy the beauty of Waimea. Then, they're under the protection of lifeguards and can take advantage of picnic areas, restrooms, and showers. Calm waters in the summer provide a perfect place for kids and dolphins are a common sight in the bay.
61-031 Kamehameha Hwy
Haleiwa, HI 96712
- Things to Do with Kids: "Older kids will love jumping off of "Jump Rock" on the west end of the beach."
- Free Things to Do, Outdoor Activities, Parks: "Make sure to spend time here, it's one of the best beaches on the North Shore."
- Beaches: "Look for additional parking across the street at the start of Waimea Valley."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Waimea Bay is one of the most amazing beaches on the North Shore and is great for kids in the summer.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Waimea Bay is by far one of the most exquisite beaches on the island, and in winter has the best surf to watch.
- Best for Beaches Because: Waimea Beach Park is one of the island's most gorgeous beaches, with full amenities, a jump rock, and huge waves in the winter.