Cuisine: American, Asian, Fusion
Price Range: $
Cafe Haleiwa is a North Shore staple, owned and operation by a family who's lived there for decades. The cafe has been open for over a decade too, and is a favorite with locals and visitors alike.... Read More
Cafe Haleiwa is a North Shore staple, owned and operation by a family who's lived there for decades. The cafe has been open for over a decade too, and is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Until recently the cafe served breakfast only, which was always good. The breakfast menu offered standard breakfast fare like pancakes and eggs, in addition many Mexican breakfast dishes. Just a few months ago Cafe Haleiwa opened for dinner, and is now one of the best dinner spots in the town. Their food is gourmet and still decently priced. The dinner menu offers unique dishes such as savory thyme cheesecake served with greens and fruit, ginger potato soup, and main dishes of fresh local fish, ribs, and steak. It's bring your own beer and wine here, which can be purchased next door at the adjacent wine shop.
66-460 Kamehameha Highway
Haleiwa, HI 96712
- Best Value: "Breakfast is more affordable than dinner."
- Family Friendly: "Ask to sit outside, it makes it a little easier with kids."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Breakfast: "You'll need reservations for dinner."
- Homestyle: "You'll need reservations for dinner, and expect a wait weekend mornings."
- Group Friendly: "Make dinner reservations to sit in the outdoor area."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Cafe Haleiwa serves large portions of traditional breakfast fare with a local spin on it, at affordable prices.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Cafe Haleiwa welcomes families for their breakfast and dinner menus and the lovely outdoor seating area makes dining with kids a little easier.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Cafe Haleiwa served a menu consisting of gourmet vegetables and proteins, made with a lot of locally sourced ingredients.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Cafe Haleiwa is the best place for a gourmet and unique spin on homestyle breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Cafe Haleiwa is a new gourmet, yet low key place to dine that's especially fit for groups.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Cafe Haleiwa serves up great breakfasts with a Mexican flare in a quirky and comfortable atmosphere.