Also Featured In
A hit with locals and visitors, the Hanalei Taro & Juice Co. is a spot that all visitors need to stop at and enjoy. Very local style, the restaurant is a local style lunch wagon resting roadside... Read More
A hit with locals and visitors, the Hanalei Taro & Juice Co. is a spot that all visitors need to stop at and enjoy. Very local style, the restaurant is a local style lunch wagon resting roadside in Hanalei. Serving traditional Hawaiian food, but with a modern twist, this is your best bet to fill up on taro, the root crop that sustained Hawaiians for generations. Here you can find taro and many other healthy ingredients prepared with a modern twist, such as a taro smoothie, Hawaiian plate lunches, taro hummus, taro veggie burgers, and even taro acai bowls- the list goes on. A perfect place for those who enjoy a traditional diet and vegetarians too, the wagon will give you a taste of Hawaii's unique array of food. The lunch wagon run by the same family who runs the historical Haraguchi rice mill and their farms, and the taro and other ingredients are locally grown.
5-5070 Kuhio Highway
Kauai, HI 96754
- Mon-Sat: 11am-3pm
- Sun: Close
- Best for Luau, Best Value, Vegetarian Because: Hanalei Taro & Juice Co. is well known for serving up quick yet healthy meals.
- Best for Take Out Because: The lunch wagon serves healthy and delicious food in close proximity to beaches and a park to take it to.
- Best for North Shore's Best Restaurants Because: This lunch wagon eatery serves fresh and tasty food that puts a unique twist on healthy.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Hanalei Taro & Juice Co. offers an abundance of healthy food made with local ingredients.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Hanalei Taro & Juice Co. offers a healthy and gluten free array of smoothies, taro and other dishes prepared with produce and fruits.