Lydgate Beach Park
Type: Active, Beaches, Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Lydgate Beach Park truly has everything you could need for a day at the beach - two protected natural swimming pools, spectacular snorkeling, white sand, amenities, lifeguard, and an amazing... Read More
Lydgate Beach Park truly has everything you could need for a day at the beach - two protected natural swimming pools, spectacular snorkeling, white sand, amenities, lifeguard, and an amazing playground for children. This is where snorkel lovers will have the time of their lives. The underwater worlds in nearly always pulsing with life, and offers views of colorful tropical fish. The calm pools are perfect for children or anyone else who would prefer to not get knocked around by waves. Lydgate is a great place for a full day at the beach or a quick snorkel stop. It's also centrally located on the east side so it doesn't require driving far out of your way.
Kuhio Hwy., Wailua
- Beaches: "Hang out by the river on the northern end of the beach, itʻs the safest swimming and where people come together."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Bring some fish food from a snorkel gear shop to send the fish into a feeding frenzy."
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Free Things to Do, Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do with Kids: "Bring some fish food from a snorkel gear shop and send the fish into a feeding frenzy!"
- Best for Beaches Because: Lumahai is a gorgeous, and often secluded white sand beach.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Adventurous types find nothing more romantic than exploring an underwater world together.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: Lydgate has a reputation for offering the best snorkeling on the island, in a pretty protected pool.