Explore Hong Kong
Cuisine: Continental, Ethnic
Jimmy's is, perhaps, Hong Kong's most famous restaurant. Located on Wyndham Street, this Continental-style restaurant has a definite Western atmosphere. Menu options span the globe from New Zealand... Read More
Jimmy's is, perhaps, Hong Kong's most famous restaurant. Located on Wyndham Street, this Continental-style restaurant has a definite Western atmosphere. Menu options span the globe from New Zealand shellfish to North American beef and Western European corned beef and cabbage. After more than 70 years, Jimmy's is still popular with Hong Kong's expatriate community, especially as a place to meet up for a good lunch. Reservations, therefore, are suggested. MTR: Central. Jimmy's popularity is based on its consistency â" you know what you're going to get, and it's not overly dressed up. Of course, there is a strong retro appeal too.
- Best Value, Group Friendly, Homestyle: "The menu is extensive, to put it mildly. Order a drink and enjoy your time browsing."
- Family Friendly: "What's sometimes called "nursery food", that is, dishes which recall childhood, is one of Jimmy's specialties."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Jimmy's does not use MSG and proudly advertises the fact."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: This is another classic Hong Kong restaurant, but still charging everyday prices despite its fame.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Groups are the norm here, whether families recalling past times or friends catching up with each other.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Kids will love this old-style restaurant, with its lovely ambiance and friendly service.
- Best for Homestyle Because: The roast beef and Yorkshire pudding has no equal outside England.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Jimmy's is not an obvious "healthy eating" choice, but there is plenty of choice on the extensive menu.