Explore Hong Kong
Sai Kung Country Park
The New Territories, once home to nothing but pastoral meadowlands, are quickly becoming industrialized and commercialized. However, this park remains a bastion of natural beauty. This unspoiled... Read More
The New Territories, once home to nothing but pastoral meadowlands, are quickly becoming industrialized and commercialized. However, this park remains a bastion of natural beauty. This unspoiled seaside area of parkland features hiking trails dotted with informative visitor centers. See the area from a watery vantage point by renting a kaido (a small boat) in the town of Sai Kung, which is flanked by protected parks. Locals say eating seafood in this town is a must. The beaches at Tai Long Wan, on the eastern fringe of the park, are the most lovely in Hong Kong and well worth the hike out.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Who said Hong Kong isn't a beach destination? Some of the best seaside spots are located in this lovely park.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Hiking through this beautiful part of Hong Kong's countryside is truly romantic.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This is perhaps the greatest of Hong Kong's great outdoors: rolling hills, lovely beaches, even surf!
- Best for Parks Because: Step into Sai Kung Country Park and you really can't believe you are in Hong Kong.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Who would think this is Hong Kong – miles of hiking trail, and beaches that could rival Thailand or Bali?