Explore Hong Kong
Sai Kung Seafood Street
Type: Attractions, Family Friendly, Great Views, Outdoor Activities
This fishing town is where the Hong Kongers retreat for swimming, kayaking and some of the city's best seafood. The center of the town is a 1,000-meter quay lined with endless seafood stalls. Each of... Read More
This fishing town is where the Hong Kongers retreat for swimming, kayaking and some of the city's best seafood. The center of the town is a 1,000-meter quay lined with endless seafood stalls. Each of them looks like a mini aquarium as the boss displays an amazing array of freshly caught seafood for diners to order from. Across the street, fishermen sell their curious looking catch right off the boat at the pier. Many of them also offer sailing trips around the surrounding islands for around US$20. Some six kilometers west of the seafood street is Trio Beach, a nice soft-sand stretch with calm and clean water, a relaxed atmosphere and seaside barbecue pits. For the truly energetic type, Sai Kung Country Park provides some of the most challenging and rewarding hiking experiences with mountains to beaches.
Sai Kung, Sai Kung Peninsula, New Territories, Hong Kong
Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Free Things to Do: "Sai Kung is a popular weekend getaway, which can lead to lengthy traffic jams; Monday-Friday is the best time to visit."
- Sightseeing: "Tour operator Kayak and Hike organizes kayak trips from Sai Kung waterfront to marine life-abundant Ung Kong Wan."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Hire a sampan for a trip around the harbor if the weather is good."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Sai Kung is one of the most entertaining towns in all of Hong Kong.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: There's something very laid-back about Sai Kung, and especially in the older parts of town.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The traditional fishing town offers breath-taking views, great beaches, thrilling outdoor activities and the city's freshest seafood.