Explore Hong Kong
Type: Great Views, Outdoor Activities, Parks
The 552-meter mountain has that classic Hong Kong view. Near the summit, at 396 meters high there is an entertainment and viewing complex called Peak Tower where travelers can snap that perfect... Read More
The 552-meter mountain has that classic Hong Kong view. Near the summit, at 396 meters high there is an entertainment and viewing complex called Peak Tower where travelers can snap that perfect souvenir photo. In the foreground, a forest of skyscrapers rises in eye-opening density beneath your foot while the sapphire blue Victoria Harbour glitters in the distance. Go on a nice day and provides can also make out the outlying islands scattering on the South China Sea on the 360-degree observation deck. Various modes of transport reach the top but the 1,350-meter-long peak tram is most popular. The 125-year old track is said to be the first railway in Asia and the eight-minute ride can reach as steep as 30 degrees from the ground. The Peak Tower also houses a view-fantastic Cantonese restaurant Sky Terrace 428 and a Madame Tussauds Museums featuring Jackie Chan, Jet Li and various other Asian celebrities.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Things to Do with Kids, Romantic Things to Do, Attractions near Cruise Port, Tours and Excursions: "The lush mountain also provides great hiking opportunities. Hikers can exceed the tourist viewing deck and reach the less crowded summit via several footpaths including the Old Peak Road."
- Free Things to Do: "This mountain also provides great hiking opportunities. Hikers can exit the tourist viewing deck and head up to the less crowded summit."
- Sightseeing: "The lush mountain also provides great hiking opportunities. Hikers can bypass the tourist viewing deck and reach the less-crowded summit via several footpaths."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "This mountain also provides great hiking opportunities. Hikers can bypass the tourist viewing deck and reach the less crowded summit via several footpaths."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The trip up, on the Peak Tram, and the views from the top have few equals anywhere in the world.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Even though this is one of the most visited parts of Hong Kong Island, it's easy to tuck yourselves away and enjoy a romantic moment.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: This is the most exclusive area of Hong Kong, and the views take in harbor, city and sea.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: From Victoria Peak, the whole of Hong Kong is spread out below like a vast sightseeing buffet.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Missing out the Peak is like ignoring the Eiffel Tower in Paris or Buckingham Palace in London.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The highest point of Hong Kong Island is the best place to enjoy the city's most iconic view.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: It's easy to see why the Peak is so popular – it looks down over the whole of Hong Kong and beyond.