Also Featured In
John G. Shedd Aquarium
This large aquarium with 32,000 animals guides visitors through the world's many marine habitats, from the entertaining colony of penguins to the mysterious Amazon. Watch divers as they feed sea... Read More
This large aquarium with 32,000 animals guides visitors through the world's many marine habitats, from the entertaining colony of penguins to the mysterious Amazon. Watch divers as they feed sea turtles, stingrays, sharks and tropical fish in the Caribbean Reef's circular viewing tank. A perpetual highlight is the Oceanarium where dolphins and beluga whales spread their infectious joy. Finally, the towering Wild Reef tank creates the feeling of being underwater and you can eye sharks gliding above. There are special Extraordinary Experiences: choose a guided tour behind-the-scenes to come face-to-face with a beluga whale, experience a shark feeding or meet a penguin. Look into overnights called "Asleep with the Fishes" when you spend the night exploring the aquarium with fun activities like a scavenger hunt, obstacle course, an aquatic presentation, crafts and animal stories (for kids five years or older, accompanied by an adult).
- Sep: -; May Mon-Fri; 9am-5pm
- Sat-Sun: 9am-6pm Jun; -; Sep Daily; 9am-6pm
- Adult $24.95 - $69; Senior (65+) $17.95 - $59; Child (3-11) $17.95 - $59;
Parking $16 - $19
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Avoid waiting in line by arriving early on weekdays or save money on admission using CityPASS."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Animal encounter experiences and family overnights allow visitors to get close to belugas and penguins.