Also Featured In
Chicago Children's Museum
Type: Children's Museums, Family Friendly, Museums
Located within Navy Pier, the Chicago Children's Museum is geared to toddlers to fifth graders. Its interactive exhibits are spread across three floors, including a Tinkering Lab (great for older... Read More
Located within Navy Pier, the Chicago Children's Museum is geared to toddlers to fifth graders. Its interactive exhibits are spread across three floors, including a Tinkering Lab (great for older kids) and Pritzker Playspace, CCM's open playgroup for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers They might get bit wet splashing in the water in the WaterWays exhibit or they can wiggle up ship-shape rigging in the Kovler Family Climbing Schooner. The new Cloud Buster is 37 climbable feet of structural steel, wood, wire, rope, acrylic, fiberglass, and artificial turf perched over Navy Pier's Fifth Third Family Pavilion. The Art Studio serves as a space for families to embrace and practice creative expression, but it's also an active commitment to the arts. CCM's Art Studio offers workshops led be trained artist-educators and there's even a special weekly workshop designed for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Fri-Wed: 10am-5pm
- Thu: 10am-8pm
- Adult $14.95; Senior $13.95; Child $14.95
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Check the museum's calendar of events for special events. Children under one are always free and from 5-8 p.m. Thursdays, everyone enjoys free admission."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: This large, hands-on museum is geared exclusively to children.
- Things to Do with Kids: "Free admission for everyone on Thursday evenings, from 5-8pm."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Chicago Children's Museum features 14 permanent exhibits, many of which are interactive, perfect for toddlers through fifth grade.