Also Featured In
Type: Cultural Venues, Performing Arts
Goodman Theatre offers two seasonal choices in December –Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol, now in its 41st year, and the Goodman debut of David Sedaris' contemporary, irreverent The... Read More
Goodman Theatre offers two seasonal choices in December –Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol, now in its 41st year, and the Goodman debut of David Sedaris' contemporary, irreverent The Santaland Diaries. A Christmas Carol appears through Dec. 30 in the Albert Theatre; tickets are $25 - $119 (subject to change). More than 1.5 million people have experienced Goodman Theatre's A Christmas Carol and the run includes a first-ever Spanish-translated performance (Dec. 28 at 8pm) and a Sensory-Friendly performance in partnership with Autism Speaks-Chicago (Dec. 29 at 2pm). The Santaland Diaries inhabits the stage of the Owen Theatre Nov. 30 – Dec. 30; tickets are $15-45 (subject to change). The solo performance follows the story of a cash-poor struggling actor who takes a job as "Crumpet," an elf at Macy's Santaland. This show is more naughty than nice.
170 N Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60601
- Box Office: Mon 10am-5pm; Tue-Fri 10am-7pm; Sat-Sun Noon-7pm
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Performances Vary Call for Details
Parking at Government Ctr Self Park $19
- Things to Do in December: "Purchase tickets as soon as possible especially for weekend performances - available by telephone, online or at the Box Office."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: No matter what you see at The Goodman, you're sure to be impressed by everything from set design to direction and talent. It's a city treasure.