Also Featured In
Type: Cultural Venues, Performing Arts
Goodman Theatre offers two seasonal choices in December Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol, now in its 42nd year, and the return of David Sedaris' contemporary, irreverent The Santaland... Read More
Goodman Theatre offers two seasonal choices in December Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol, now in its 42nd year, and the return of David Sedaris' contemporary, irreverent The Santaland Diaries. A Christmas Carol appears through Dec. 29 in the Albert Theatre; tickets are $25 - $89 (subject to change). More than 1.5 million people have experienced Goodman Theatre's A Christmas Carol and the run includes a Spanish-translated performance (Dec. 26 at 7pm). The Santaland Diaries inhabits the stage of the Owen Theatre Nov. 29 â" Dec. 29; tickets are $15-45 (subject to change and for "mature elves" only). The solo performance follows the story of a cash-poor struggling actor who takes a job as "Crumpet," an elf at Macy's Santaland. This show is more naughty than nice.
- Box Office: Mon 10am-5pm; Tue-Fri 10am-7pm; Sat-Sun Noon-7pm
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Performances Vary Call for Details
Parking at Government Ctr Self Park $19
- Things to Do in December: "Purchase tickets as soon as possible especially for weekend performances - available by telephone, online or at the Box Office."
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: No matter what you see at The Goodman, you're sure to be impressed by everything from set design to direction and talent. It's a city treasure.