Museum of Science and Industry
Type: Museums, Science Museums
This massive museum, one of the first and best in the country, features more than 2,000 hands-on exhibits about everything from outer space to robots. Some of its most famous exhibits are the... Read More
This massive museum, one of the first and best in the country, features more than 2,000 hands-on exhibits about everything from outer space to robots. Some of its most famous exhibits are the re-created coal mine ride, walking on the Zephyr (a famous train that once set a land-speed record) and the Idea Factory (whose interactive exhibits have kids of all ages learning without realizing it) Generations of kids have stepped inside the U-505 German submarine to experience life aboard the sub in the days leading up to her capture. The five-story Giant Dome Theater presents shows that take visitors on a virtual voyage to outer space or under the sea. Kids should not miss Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle or the Baby Chick Hatchery. Many special exhibits, such as the wonderful Superpower Dogs (opening March 2020) are perfect for all ages.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Museum Adult $19.95 - $21.95; Child (3-11) $10.95 - $12.95
- Family-Friendly Museums: "There are many different admission price options such as those that include museum entry and ticketed exhibits. Check the web site and buy online to avoid lines."
- Museums: "MSI also offers world class private event curation, so one can "wow" their guests while entertaining among world famous exhibits."
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Visit the Museum of Science and Industry to genuinely enjoy learning about science, tour the U-505 submarine and walk through a tornado.
- Best for Museums Because: Guests at the Museum of Science and Industry can enjoy science experiences, tour the U-505 submarine and catch a big-screen film all in one day.