Also Featured In
Museum of Science and Industry
Type: Museums, Science Museums
This massive museum, one of the first and best in the country, features more than 2,000 hands-on exhibits about everything from outer space to robots. During the holidays, locals and visitors are... Read More
This massive museum, one of the first and best in the country, features more than 2,000 hands-on exhibits about everything from outer space to robots. During the holidays, locals and visitors are treated to the annual Christmas Around the World and Holidays of Light extravaganza. There are more than 50 decorated trees and displays ringing a 45-foot-tall Grand Tree that's wrapped in 30,000 lights. Catch "snow" as it falls every 30 minutes inside the Museum's Rotunda. Cultural organizations and various communities decorate trees and displays with hand-made ornaments that honor holiday customs from around the world. Holidays of Light brings the traditions of the Chinese New Year, Diwali, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, Hanukkah, Visakha Puja Day and St. Lucia Day to Chicago.
- Daily 9:30am-4pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Museum Adult $19.95 - $21.95; Child (3-11) $10.95 - $12.95
- Holiday Attractions: "Check the web site to see which local cultural groups will perform on the day of your visit."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "There are many different admission price options like Explorer tickets that include museum entry and ticketed exhibits. Check the web site and buy online to avoid lines."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Since 1942, this annual event is one of Chicago's most beloved holiday traditions and it's especially good for families.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Visit the Museum of Science and Industry to genuinely enjoy learning about science, tour the U-505 submarine and walk through a tornado.