Also Featured In
This is the first Yolk outpost to open (in 2006) and the Chicago chain has added eight more Yolks in Chicago as well as others in Florida, Indiana and Texas. The appeal appears to be fresh food, large... Read More
This is the first Yolk outpost to open (in 2006) and the Chicago chain has added eight more Yolks in Chicago as well as others in Florida, Indiana and Texas. The appeal appears to be fresh food, large portions and reasonable prices. What's not to love? Yolk is known for its many versions of Eggs Benedicts (try the Caprese or pot roast version) but also for pancakes, five-egg omelets and create-your-own scramblers. Fan favorites include green chilaquiles, West Coast crepes, Red Velvet French Toast, house-made corned beef hash and Nutty Monkey Cakes. The menu changes twice a year and there are limited time offerings such as a Pancake of the Month. Little noshers can enjoy challah French toast strips, Oreo pancakes and various combinations of eggs and pancakes. You can also swing by for hefty burgers and sandwiches plus chili, soup and salads (but it closes at 3pm daily).
- South Loop's Best Restaurants, Restaurants near Soldier Field: "You can avoid waiting in line by adding your name remotely to a waitlist via the free Yelp app. They don't add names over the phone or via email."
- Breakfast: "The Yolk Test Kitchen in Bucktown lets you test new and potential menu items and experiment with coffee blends."
- Best for South Loop's Best Restaurants Because: Yolk is a sure bet for outstanding, generous, fresh breakfast and lunch offerings in the South Loop.
- Best for Restaurants near Soldier Field Because: Yolk is a sure bet for outstanding, generous, fresh breakfast and lunch offerings near Soldier Field.
- Best for Breakfast Because: One of the most popular breakfast restaurants in Chicago, Yolk breaks it open for every taste.