Galleria degli Uffizi
Type: Art Museums, History Museums, Museums, Sightseeing
Expect to spend an entire day in the Uffizi museum. One of the largest in the Western world and holding more than over 3,000 works of notable art, any lover of history and Florence's place in it will... Read More
Expect to spend an entire day in the Uffizi museum. One of the largest in the Western world and holding more than over 3,000 works of notable art, any lover of history and Florence's place in it will be astounded by the collection the Medici acquired. This is another attraction you should think about booking in advance--it's also one of the most popular museums in the world and draws in millions of visitors every year. If you are planning on catching a view of a work by Da Vinci or Botticelli, this is the museum where you will find such famous works.
Piazzale degli Uffizi 6
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Sightseeing: "The museum is not only a great place for art--you can also get a great view of the river from inside."
- Museums: "Book tickets online so you can save some time and save yourself from the lines."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Eat before so you don't get hungry midway through the museum!"
- Best for Sightseeing Because: As one of the most famous museums in the world, the Uffizi houses some of the most famous works of art in Italy.
- Best for Museums Because: Florence's most famous museum has works here unlike ones you'll find anywhere else.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This gallery is one of the most famous in Europe and has some of the best works of art in Italy.