Also Featured In
You'll find enough art and culture to keep you entranced for hours at the Palazzo Strozzi--one of Florence's most visited museums and one of the best places to experience the city's history.... Read More
You'll find enough art and culture to keep you entranced for hours at the Palazzo Strozzi--one of Florence's most visited museums and one of the best places to experience the city's history. Originally the home of the prominent Strozzi family, it was later given to the city as a place to encourage art. Guests can peruse the galleries that have featured work by Picasso, have included Roman statues, and are continually updated several times a year. After you are done with the galleries, take some time and sip on a coffee on the main floor--they have some delicious options for a fair price.
+39 055 2645155
- Library: Mon-Fri; 9am-1pm,; 3pm-6pm
- Sat: 9am-1pm
- Sightseeing: "Make sure to grab some coffee down at the cafe below!"
- Museums: "You might want to think about taking your kids to this spot--there's so much for them to see."
- Free Things to Do: "Make sure to check out which different exhibits they have going on--it's always something interesting."
- Historic Sites: "Get there in the morning before the school groups show up."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Palazzo Strozzi always has some new art exhibit and there's plenty to see and do.
- Best for Museums Because: With new exhibits coming in and out all the time, you're sure to find one that you like.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: The Strozzi Palace offers free nights to the contemporary exhibit on Thursday.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The Strozzi Palace is the perfect combination of the modern and the historical.