Type: City, Free Attractions, Gardens, Outdoor Activities, Relaxing, Romantic, Sightseeing
For some of the most spectacular views of the city, nothing can beat the impressive Piazzale Michelangelo. Not only is the perfect place to bring a loved one, enjoy a glass or two of wine, and listen... Read More
For some of the most spectacular views of the city, nothing can beat the impressive Piazzale Michelangelo. Not only is the perfect place to bring a loved one, enjoy a glass or two of wine, and listen to the music they often have playing up there, but it is also completely free. Sit on the steps and enjoy seeing the Arno lit up magically by the sunset or go up there in the afternoon when there are few tourists to really enjoy seeing Florence from a bird's eye view. It's the best way to take your time and see Florence without paying a ton of money.
- Free Things to Do: "Think about what kind of day you want to come if you are planning on avoiding the tourist crowd."
- Sightseeing: "Think about coming here during the evenings, there's live music and it's the perfect date night spot."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Make sure to bring a bottle of wine. If you forget, they sell some up there."
- Outdoor Activities: "You'll want to bring good walking shoes to make the climb."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Don't forget to tote a bottle of wine up here!"
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: For the best views of the city, you can't beat this spot set above the Arno.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: No place evokes the magic of the city more than Piazzale Michelangelo.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: You'll find gorgeous views and a welcoming atmosphere for a relaxing, romantic evening.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Some of the best views of Florence are from up here.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Offering the best overall view of Florence. this spot is a must-see.