Type: Free Attractions, Sightseeing
Florence's most famous bridge is also one of the best free activities you can find in the city. Not only is is home to some of the city's most romantic views, but it might be one of the best spots to... Read More
Florence's most famous bridge is also one of the best free activities you can find in the city. Not only is is home to some of the city's most romantic views, but it might be one of the best spots to learn about Florence's history. Make sure to watch your pockets when traversing across the bridge. This has been home to multiple different kinds of businesses throughout the ages. Once the spot for the butchers of the city to tout their cuts, it's now home to the most expensive jewelry options in the city. Whether you choose to buy something is on you, but you can still enjoy the views and the sense of history for free.
Via Por Santa Maria/Via Guicciardini
- Free Things to Do: "Watch your pocket when walking across--it's easy to run into pickpockets."
- Sightseeing: "Think about a view from the Santa Trinita bridge--it's the best spot to see the Ponte Vecchio."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Try and arrive a bit before sunset--it can get crowded."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Pick up a trinket or two here for someone you love."
- Historic Sites: "For a great view of this bridge from above, head up to Piazzle Michelangelo."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: You can't miss Florence's most famous bridge--it's one of the major icons of the city.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Ponte Vecchio is the oldest bridge in the city and a testament to Florentine history.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: This is Florence's most famous bridge and one of the best spots for a beautiful view.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Ponte Vecchio is the very symbol of Florence--you can't miss it.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: This is one of Florence's most famous sights, and it would be a shame to miss.