Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Alex Schnee
Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe
Cuisine: European, Italian
Price Range: $$
A short walk away from the Bargello or Santa Croce, Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe is a great place to duck in even if you don't have a reservation. The staff is happy to assist you with any questions... Read More
A short walk away from the Bargello or Santa Croce, Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe is a great place to duck in even if you don't have a reservation. The staff is happy to assist you with any questions you might have the menu and offer some great recommendations if you are unsure about what you would like to order. You should think about ordering any of the pasta dishes, but the pasta served with the "rosa" sauce is to die for. Make sure you save some room for a dessert and think about sharing a bottle of wine--it's a perfect place to bring friends.
- Fine Italian: "There is plenty of room, but make sure to show up early so you can have a great seat."
- Homestyle: "Think about trying some of their family recipes--you'll see why they have been handed down for years."
- Best Restaurants: "Don't worry about getting a reservation here. There's plenty of seating!"
- Italian: "Try some of the dishes labeled "nonna," they're the typical Florentine dishes you'll want to try."
- Best for Fine Italian Because: This place has some of the best paste in Florence and a friendly staff ready to serve.
- Best for Homestyle Because: This spacious restaurant has some amazing pasta and a staff happy to help you with everything you need.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This restaurant has a great atmosphere and is happy to assist you.
- Best for Italian Because: Great pasta, wonderful wine, and a fun time make this a fun restaurant.