Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Alex Schnee
Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe
Cuisine: European, Italian
Price Range: $$
Nothing is better than some classic Tuscan comfort food, and Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe does a great job of bringing some of the local flavors to their restaurant. If you are thinking about tasting... Read More
Nothing is better than some classic Tuscan comfort food, and Osteria del Gatto e la Volpe does a great job of bringing some of the local flavors to their restaurant. If you are thinking about tasting some quality pasta, this is the place to order a dish or two and share with friends. They do not have a house wine, but the chianti available is very good and cheap--it's a fantastic accompaniment to the meal. This is also a great place for vegetarians who still want a filling meal without any meat involved. It's also the perfect spot for a gathering of friends and family.
- Homestyle: "Think about trying some of their family recipes--you'll see why they have been handed down for years."
- Best Restaurants: "Don't worry about getting a reservation here. There's plenty of seating!"
- Italian: "Try some of the dishes labeled "nonna," they're the typical Florentine dishes you'll want to try."
- Fine Italian: "There is plenty of room, but make sure to show up early so you can have a great seat."
- Best for Homestyle Because: This spacious restaurant has some amazing pasta and a staff happy to help you with everything you need.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This restaurant has a great atmosphere and is happy to assist you.
- Best for Italian Because: Great pasta, wonderful wine, and a fun time make this a fun restaurant.
- Best for Fine Italian Because: This place has some of the best paste in Florence and a friendly staff ready to serve.