Also Featured In
Type: Art Museums, History Museums, Museums
The Bargello is one of Florence's best places to see some amazing works of sculpture. When you are looking to spend a few hours relaxing and you would like a haven from the hoards of tourists... Read More
The Bargello is one of Florence's best places to see some amazing works of sculpture. When you are looking to spend a few hours relaxing and you would like a haven from the hoards of tourists occupying the city, the Bargello is your best escape. Featuring works by Donatello and other famous Renaissance artists, you'll find an incomparable collection that will entertain you for hours. Originally a fortress, the building is just as impressive as the artwork that you will find there, as well. When you are tired of typical museums, this spot can be the perfect way to stay cool and away from the hot Florence sun.
Via del Proconsolo 4
- Daily 8:15am-1:50pm
- Event Dates and Times Vary
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult 4; Child 2
- Sightseeing: "Head here on a rainy day--it's the perfect way to spend your time."
- Museums: "The building has a lot of history too--make sure to ask some of the staff there about it."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out some of the local restaurants nearby!"
- Historic Sites: "This is a great spot for when the Tuscan sun isn't shining--if the weather is bad, think about coming here."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: This building has some incredible sculptures--you'll want to spend all day here.
- Best for Museums Because: When you want slightly different artwork, you'll find fantastic sculpture here.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Some of Florence's best sculptures are located here, and it's a wonderful area for good food and entertainment.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Both the architecture and the treasures inside are a great tribute to Florence and the Bargello's place in its history.