Cuisine: European, Italian, Pizza, Vegetarian
Price Range: $$
Who said pizza had to just be shaped as a pie? Mastrociliegia has a large menu with wonderful vegetarian options and recipes handed down from older family members. Guests should think about choosing... Read More
Who said pizza had to just be shaped as a pie? Mastrociliegia has a large menu with wonderful vegetarian options and recipes handed down from older family members. Guests should think about choosing one of the many different kinds of calzones that are offered--not only are they considered some of the best in the city, but they are a good price, as well. The location is in a great spot. After lunch, tourists can easily find their way to the church of Santa Croce or to the Duomo. Getting a table outside on a summer's day can be a challenge, but it's usually a little less crowded during dinner.
Via di San Pier Maggiore
- Pizza: "Don't take this pizza to go! Sit down outside and enjoy."
- Romantic Dining: "Think about splitting a calzone--they are huge and plenty of food for two people."
- Lunch: "Though the restaurant inside is quaint, see if you can get a table outside."
- Best Restaurants: "Ask about the specials--they're all passed down in the family."
- Outdoor Dining: "Ask about any specials they might have--they're made in-house."
- Late Night: "The house wine is worth checking out here."
- Best for Pizza Because: Mastroceleigia has some amazing calzones and pizzas for a great price.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: This haven has some fantastic pizza and wine to make for a casual date.
- Best for Lunch Because: This place boasts some of the best pasta and calzones in Florence.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: This restaurant is well-known for its location and great pizza.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: You'll find delicious pizzas here and a warm, welcoming staff.
- Best for Late Night Because: Mastrociliegia has wonderful pasta and pizza late--all made from homemade recipes.