Also Featured In
Conveniently located across from the suggestive Hadrian's Temple, is a tiny sleek bar where locals go to see and be seen. The interior of this venue is modern and fashionable featuring plushy couches... Read More
Conveniently located across from the suggestive Hadrian's Temple, is a tiny sleek bar where locals go to see and be seen. The interior of this venue is modern and fashionable featuring plushy couches and chairs. The walls are adorned with contemporary art and design and fashion books are stacked against the walls. At night, Salotto 42 morphs into a buzzing cocktail bar for the hip, 30-something crowd. If there isn't anything that you fancy on the list, the bar staff are always happy to come up with something signature just for you. Closed in August. BUS: 80, 492, 62, 52, 53. METRO: Spagna.
- Best Nightlife, Bars: "This bar is rather small which means it gets quite packed during aperitivo hour. When the inside becomes standing room only, most people tend to spill out into the piazza outside with their drinks"
- Wine Bars: "Don't expect to drink sitting down, unless you get in early on a weeknight."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Right in the heart of the historical center, Salotto 42 is the place to be for delicious cocktails.
- Best for Bars Because: A cool hangout for Romans at any time of year, the cocktails here are standout.
- Best for Wine Bars Because: Bars in Rome don't get more central and popular than Salotto 42.