Also Featured In
Type: Great Views
This area is not easily accessed by public transportation, but the walk up to the top on Via Giacinto Carini is well worth it. You are surrounded by lovely views of the Alban Hills. Make sure that you... Read More
This area is not easily accessed by public transportation, but the walk up to the top on Via Giacinto Carini is well worth it. You are surrounded by lovely views of the Alban Hills. Make sure that you go to Villa Lante before you leave the area, where you can get the best view of the city. The 'Fontana dell'Acqua Paola' is one of Rome's prettiest and biggest and is the centerpiece of the area. A cannon fires from 'Gianicolo' at midday each day to mark this historic battle for Rome. BUS: 115 or 870 to the top or 44 and 75 to Via Giacinto Carini
Passeggiata del Gianicolo
- Romantic Things to Do: "Visit the big fountain, colloquially referred to by Romans as 'er fontantone'. It's one of the most romantic in all of Rome."
- Historic Sites: "Make sure to check out the afternoon puppet shows (Teatrino di Pulcinella) featured just North of Piazzale Garibaldi from 3 pm onwards. The shows are free, but a small donation is kindly accepted."
- Outdoor Activities: "Try to head up on a cloud-free day to ensure the best view of the city."
- Sightseeing: "Head up to the hill late morning so that at midday you can hear the canon which fires daily at midday to mark the battle of Rome."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: The view of Rome from Janiculum Hill is breathtaking and is located only a short walk from the center.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Visit Giancolo for a view of Rome that will take your breath away.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: View one of the most beautiful panoramas of Rome from Janiculum Hill.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: In the city center area, Janiculum Hill provides one of the best panoramic views of Rome.