You can't get anymore Baroque beautiful than Piazza Navona. This piazza has it all: three glorious fountains, Bernini sculptures, a lovely outdoor caf� scene and the magnificent Sant'Agnese in... Read More
You can't get anymore Baroque beautiful than Piazza Navona. This piazza has it all: three glorious fountains, Bernini sculptures, a lovely outdoor caf� scene and the magnificent Sant'Agnese in Agone church. In the first century A.D., this piazza was built over the Stadium where Emperor Domitian hosted chariot races and other contests. The most prominent of the fountains in the piazza is the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi. Bernini created the fountain for Pope Innocent X in 1651. The fountain represents the four rivers and four corners of the world: the Nile; the Plata, the Danube and the Ganges. BUS 40, 64, 492, 30.
- Best Attractions & Activities, Free Things to Do: "For a serene view of Piazza Navona that's virtually empty and all to yourself, make your way over to the piazza around 7am."
- Romantic Things to Do, Historic Sites: "Make sure to head on over to Frigidarium Gelateria located just around the corner from Piazza Navona on Via del Governo Vecchio."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Piazza Navona is one of the most beautiful squares in Rome and is renowned for its stunning Baroque fountains.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: With its Bernini fountains the centerpiece, Piazza Navona is one of the most beautiful squares in the city.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The Bernini fountain and vibrant street artists make Piazza Navona a must-see.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Hands down one of the prettiest piazzas in all of Rome, Piazza Navona has something for everyone.