Cuisine: European, Italian, Local Specialty, Pizza, Roman
Price Range: $
Trapizzino is the home to the 'trapizzino'. Created by award winning Roman pizzamaker Stefano Calegari it is a cross between a sandwich and a pizza - a pizza pocket if you like. Located also in... Read More
Trapizzino is the home to the 'trapizzino'. Created by award winning Roman pizzamaker Stefano Calegari it is a cross between a sandwich and a pizza - a pizza pocket if you like. Located also in Testaccio, the Ponte Milvio branch is the latest installment to the brand. These delicious pizza pockets are filled with all sorts of goodness from quinto quarto (the roman slang for offal), to chicken cacciatore and traditional meat balls in a rich tomato sauce. Rome's favorite street-food - the suppli (a rice ball fried to golden perfection) are also on the menu. (Testaccio) METRO: Piramide, BUS: 23, 3, 75, 44. (Trastevere) TRAM: 3, 8, BUS: 23, 3, 75.
Piazzale Ponte Milvio 15
- Pizza: "Be sure to try the suppli - the ever changing combinations keep you on your toes!"
- Lunch, Late Night, Take Out: "Be sure to try the suppli - the Genovese with slow cooked beef is one of their best!"
- Best for Pizza Because: An innovative take on pizza and roman cuisine rolled into one.
- Best for Lunch Because: Trapizzino is home to one of Rome's most innovative street-food creations and is a delicious quick and cheap lunch option.
- Best for Late Night Because: Snack on trapizzino at any time of the day but it's proximity to the Stadio Olimpico is great for post-match or concert.
- Best for Take Out Because: Trapizzino satisfies when you can't decide if it's a sandwich or pizza you want!
Find the 10Best nearby: