Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Hotel Monteleone
Monteleone Hotel Carousel Bar
Type: Hotel Bar, Late Night / After Hours, Live Music, Lounge
All dressed up and ready for some cheek to cheek? This revolving bar in the elegant Monteleone Hotel fits the bill. With live music by talented vocalists like Robin Barnes and Lena Prima, the... Read More
All dressed up and ready for some cheek to cheek? This revolving bar in the elegant Monteleone Hotel fits the bill. With live music by talented vocalists like Robin Barnes and Lena Prima, the Carousel Bar makes anybody feel like a sophisti-cat. The working carousel is just too much fun, first installed in 1949 and a draw for celebrities including Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams. Generally the crowd varies from traveling business professionals to die hard regulars and date nighters. Happy hour is always busy, so busy sometimes that the music can The decor is exquisite and the mood elegant.
- Daily 11am-2am
- No cover charge
- Jazz Clubs: "This music venue offers a grown up alternative to the nutty Frenchmen Street scene."
- Best Nightlife: "There's usually a wait for one of the 25 revolving seats at this iconic bar, so avoid peak hours for a better chance of climbing aboard."
- Bars: "This is a super spot to catch early music, with performances during happy hour most days."
- Best for Jazz Clubs Because: Located on Royal Street, this iconic bar has been drawing celebrities and visitors since 1949.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: The 25-seat rotating novelty is the only bar of its kind in the city, with a history that dates back to 1949.
- Best for Bars Because: This is a storied meeting spot for locals and a swell grown ups bar for anybody.