Explore New Orleans
One Eyed Jacks
Type: Comedy Club, Live Music
Walking into One Eyed Jacks in the French Quarter is like stumbling into a shadow-filled red wax museum. Then you walk through the double doors and you're in a full-blown (if slightly seedy) theater,... Read More
Walking into One Eyed Jacks in the French Quarter is like stumbling into a shadow-filled red wax museum. Then you walk through the double doors and you're in a full-blown (if slightly seedy) theater, with multiple bars and a big dance floor. That kooky decor, combined with the edgy blend of acts that come through the doors makes this place a hidden gem. In any given week you can catch burlesque, comedy, death metal and folk. Drink prices are reasonable compared to many other French Quarter establishments, and the rules are loose. Oh wait, there aren't any rules. Even better.
- Daily 7pm-Close
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: $5 - $20
- Best Nightlife: "80s dance night every Thursdays should not to be missed."
- Night Clubs: "One-Eyed Jacks is a stellar venue notable for its faded elegance and offbeat entertainment options."
- Comedy Clubs: "One-Eyed Jacks offers a happy hour most evenings from 6-7 pm, buy one get one free."
- Dance Clubs: "The weekly 80s dance party on Thursday nights is legendary."
- Live Music: "Every Thursday One Eyed Jacks spins an awesome 80s dance party complete with gogo dancers and just $5 to get in."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: One Eyed Jacks is the premier intimate venue for alt touring acts and a locals' fave.
- Best for Night Clubs Because: The funkiest spot to dance to DJs and live music is in the heart of the French Quarter.
- Best for Comedy Clubs Because: Like so many things New Orleans, One Eyed Jacks isn't one thing, but you'll find something funny going on there most evenings.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: OEJ's is an intimate venue with a good dance floor and a wide variety of music options.
- Best for Live Music Because: One of the best mid-size venue in town, One Eyed Jacks hosts touring acts, local talent and performance artists including burlesque and body painting shows.