Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
One Eyed Jacks
Type: Comedy Club, Live Music
Formerly the Shim-Sham Club, this French Quarter favorite features both touring and local acts in genres from rock to metal along with the occasional burlesque show. There's a crowded bar up front... Read More
Formerly the Shim-Sham Club, this French Quarter favorite features both touring and local acts in genres from rock to metal along with the occasional burlesque show. There's a crowded bar up front that's open most nights, along with a theatre-style club in the back that hosts live music on the weekends. The vibe is kind of tired bordello meets shabby chic which adds up to a cool space to dance and hear music. The Fast Times 80s Dance Party every Thursday is jam-packed with people of all ages and features live gogo dancers and a super fun crowd of all flavors.
- Daily 7pm-Close
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Cover Charged with Entertainment: $5 - $20
- Dance Clubs: "The weekly 80s dance party on Thursday nights is legendary."
- Best Nightlife: "80s dance night every Thursdays is not to be missed."
- Comedy Clubs: "One-Eyed Jacks is a stellar venue notable for its faded elegance and offbeat entertainment options."
- Live Music: "Every Thursday One Eyed Jacks spins an awesome 80s dance party complete with gogo dancers and just $5 to get in."
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: OEJ's is an intimate venue with a good dance floor and a wide variety of music options.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: One Eyed Jacks is the premier intimate venue for alt touring acts and a locals' fave.
- Best for Comedy Clubs Because: Like so many things New Orleans, One Eyed Jacks isn't one thing, but you'll find something funny going on there most evenings.
- Best for Live Music Because: One of the best mid-size venue in town, One Eyed Jacks hosts touring acts, local talent and performance artists including burlesque and body painting shows.