Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Type: Live Music
Just show up and expect to stand in line at this wonderful venue just off of Bourbon Street. But you can also order tickets online and go in at the front of the crowds, guaranteeing your party one of... Read More
Just show up and expect to stand in line at this wonderful venue just off of Bourbon Street. But you can also order tickets online and go in at the front of the crowds, guaranteeing your party one of the hard bench seats in front of the band. Preservation Hall is a historic New Orleans tradition that spotlights talented local bandleaders and sidemen that draw an international crowd of music fans. The decor is basic and consists of benches and cushions. There is no food or drink allowed in the hall and crowds are usually standing room only. Bring the kids - this is one of the few places that welcome all ages.
- Thu-Mon 8pm-11pm
- Jazz Clubs: "Grab a drink before you get in line and plan to finish it before you go inside - there no beverages permitted in The Hall."
- Best Nightlife: "This is one of the few kid-friendly indoor music shows in town."
- Live Music: "Line up early and be patient with the wait. Enjoy a drink or two in line (fetched from any of the nearby bars) and get ready for something special."
- Best for Jazz Clubs Because: Preservation Hall is internationally known as THE place to go for authentic, New Orleans style jazz.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Preservation Hall is a legendary place that draws an international audience of traditional jazz lovers.
- Best for Live Music Because: An institution since 1961, The Hall draws an international audience of all ages for an authentic New Orleans jazz experience.