Explore New Orleans
Type: Live Music
Preservation Hall is a historical jazz venue located on St. Peter Street steps away from Bourbon in the French Quarter. Admission first come first served is $20, or reserve in advance ($40-$50) to... Read More
Preservation Hall is a historical jazz venue located on St. Peter Street steps away from Bourbon in the French Quarter. Admission first come first served is $20, or reserve in advance ($40-$50) to assure a seat close to the action. Folks line up early to get one of the limited bench seats in the intimate room, after that it's standing room or floor seating, but nobody seems to mind. Top notch jazz performers are regulars here and the vibe is old school magic. This place is one for the bucket list. A band CD or a vintage looking t-shirt are great souvenir options.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the business for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Best Nightlife: "This is one of the few kid-friendly indoor music venues in town."
- Jazz Clubs: "Grab a drink before you get in line and plan to finish it before you go inside - there no beverages permitted in The Hall."
- Live Music: "Line up early and be patient with the wait. Enjoy a drink or two in line (fetched from any of the nearby bars) and get ready for something special."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Preservation Hall is a legendary place that draws an international audience of traditional jazz lovers.
- Best for Jazz Clubs Because: Preservation Hall is internationally known as THE place to go for authentic, New Orleans style jazz.
- Best for Live Music Because: An institution since 1961, The Hall draws an international audience of all ages for an authentic New Orleans jazz experience.