Explore New Orleans
Delachaise is that mystery spot that you might cruise right by without noticing during a daytime trip on the St. Charles streetcar. Come evening, the outdoor patio, lit with twinkle lights, is always... Read More
Delachaise is that mystery spot that you might cruise right by without noticing during a daytime trip on the St. Charles streetcar. Come evening, the outdoor patio, lit with twinkle lights, is always buzzing with a lively crowd along with couples enjoying date night. This spirited wine bar uptown is easy to love for its long convivial bar, lack of pretense, impressive wine list and most notably the Thai spiced mussels served with goose fat fries. Really everything at this atmospheric French-ish bistro is good; say yes to housemade pate and tender flank steak bruschetta, and double yes to the devilish chocolate souffle. And order a Viognier and Gruner by the glass, a treat for a white wine drinker weary of house Chardonnay.
3442 St. Charles
New Orleans, LA 70115
- Romantic Dining: "The Delachaise has one of the best wines by the glass programs in town."
- Garden District's Best Lunch: "Lunch is only served on Saturday and Sundays at this French charmer."
- Uptown New Orleans' Best Brunch: "Brunch and day drinking start early on the weekends here - that's 3 pm, perfect for the late sleepers."
- Garden District's Best Brunch: "Every Saturday and Sunday a French-accented brunch menu commences at noon."
- Late Night: "Steak frites after midnight? Don't mind if I do."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: This is a great spot for date night with a French accent.
- Best for Garden District's Best Lunch Because: Right on the streetcar line on St. Charles Avenue, Delachaise dishes a tasty chance from Creole fare.
- Best for Uptown New Orleans' Best Brunch Because: Late brunch with a French accent - say oui oui!
- Best for Garden District's Best Brunch Because: The outdoor patio at Delachaise is a wonderful spot for brunch.
- Best for Late Night Because: You can get a fab cheese plate at 1 in the morning, perfect.