Explore New Orleans
Carnaval Lounge is an alt music venue that rises to the top of the dive bar heap in a city that may just have invented the genre. Like most things New Orleans, Carnaval has multiple personalities.... Read More
Carnaval Lounge is an alt music venue that rises to the top of the dive bar heap in a city that may just have invented the genre. Like most things New Orleans, Carnaval has multiple personalities. Sundays there is usually a burlesque show of some kind, Mondays it's drag performances, always fun. The bar is also a live rock and roll music venue, well not really it's a Goth heavy metal venue. Ok, forget that. You can catch a Cajun band for sure. Or if you're lucky, a somber Balkans folk trio that inspires what looks like Greek dancing. There's a convivial live and let live attitude here that is one of the best things about this town when it really comes together.
2227 St. Claude Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70117
- Burlesque Shows: "Order from the kitchen for some of the best birria tacos around."
- Comedy Clubs, Dance Clubs, Pubs: "Order from the kitchen, Cozinha de Carnaval, at the bar, from a menu of Brazilian Street Food - get the garlic shrimp on a skewer!"
- Best for Burlesque Shows Because: Sunday and Monday nights are usually for burlesque and drag.
- Best for Comedy Clubs Because: This happening bar on St. Claude Avenue draws an eclectic friendly crowd for comedy and all else.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: It's a true alternative venue with a wide range of music styles in the mix.
- Best for Pubs Because: This is a quirky spot where you're guaranteed an interesting conversation, decent beer and great Polish food.