Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Beth D'Addono
Siberia is an alt music venue that rises to the top of the dive bar heap in a city that may just have invented the genre. Every Monday night it's Comic Strip hosted by Chris Lane, with some of the... Read More
Siberia is an alt music venue that rises to the top of the dive bar heap in a city that may just have invented the genre. Every Monday night it's Comic Strip hosted by Chris Lane, with some of the hardest working comics in New Orleans join burlesque dancers for a very funny and fun open mic night. Comics sign up at 9, show starts at 9:30pm and you pay $5 at the door. If you're lucky, a somber Balkans folk trio that inspires what looks like Greek dancing. There's a convivial live and let live attitude here that is one of the best things about this town when it really comes together.
- Comedy Clubs: "Siberia has multiple personalities - one night you'll find comedy, another live rock and roll, or maybe Goth heavy metal venue."
- Burlesque Shows, Pubs: "Head to the back of the bar to Kukhnya (kitchen in Russian), the Slavic soul eatery that dishes pretty awesome Polish and Russian specialties at rock bottom prices."
- Dance Clubs: "Head to the back of the bar to Kukhnya, the Slavic soul eatery that dishes awesome Polish and Russian specialties into the wee hours at rock bottom prices."
- Best for Comedy Clubs Because: This happening bar on St. Claude Avenue draws an eclectic friendly crowd for comedy and all else.
- Best for Burlesque Shows Because: Siberia is one of those places that feels slightly gritty and off the beaten tourist track.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: It's a true alternative venue with a wide range of music styles in the mix.
- Best for Pubs Because: This is a quirky spot where you're guaranteed an interesting conversation, decent beer and great Polish food.