Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of New Orleans CVB
The Spotted Cat
Type: Late Night / After Hours, Live Music, Lounge
While local musicians entertain, patrons chill on comfy couches and sip cocktails at this popular Marigny lounge. The relaxed setting appeals to a mature clientele, and the music ranges from New... Read More
While local musicians entertain, patrons chill on comfy couches and sip cocktails at this popular Marigny lounge. The relaxed setting appeals to a mature clientele, and the music ranges from New Orleans jazz to swing to klezmer and blues. Early shows appeal to an older crowd, and there's usually no cover, just a one-drink minimum. Although food isn't served there are plenty of places on Frenchmen to nibble if you feel the need. The expanded club now offers more elbow room, although finding a seat is still tricky. Spotted Cat was featured frequently on the HBO show Treme, and you might hear The Davis Rogan Band perform - Rogan is the real-life person that the DJ character of Davis was based.
623 Frenchmen St
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Mon-Fri: 4pm-2am
- Sat-Sun: 3pm-2am
- No Cover Charge
- Best Nightlife: "There's a terrific night art market just next door, open every night from 7 pm, definitely a must-shop."
- Jazz Clubs: "Early shows give visitors afternoon options for music and dance."
- Dance Clubs: "Free beginner swing dance lessons are offered at 5 pm every Wednesday."
- Live Music: "There's a terrific night art market just next door, open Wed.-Sun from 7 pm, definitely a must-shop."
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: The bar offers live music in an authentic New Orleans setting.
- Best for Jazz Clubs Because: The Spotted Cat is an iconic Frenchmen Street club known for swing dancing crowds and lively bands.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: This Frenchmen Street fave draws locals and visitors to its eclectic menu of retro and gypsy swing music.
- Best for Live Music Because: This hoppin' spot on Frenchmen Street attracts an eclectic crowd with acoustic gypsy swing jazz music.