Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of New Orleans Tourism Marketing Corporation
Type: Parks, Romantic
The largest green space in New Orleans, City Park boasts 1,300 acres featuring outdoor art, excellent sports facilities, the New Orleans Botanical Garden and the New Orleans Museum of Art, all... Read More
The largest green space in New Orleans, City Park boasts 1,300 acres featuring outdoor art, excellent sports facilities, the New Orleans Botanical Garden and the New Orleans Museum of Art, all surrounded by picturesque lagoons and sprawling lawns. There's a lake for paddleboat rentals, The Carousel Gardens Amusement Park with its antique, wooden Carousels Ferris Wheel, Miniature Train, Musik Express and Bumper Cars. And don't miss Storyland, a Mother Goose-themed playground where kids can meet Three Little Pigs, Cinderella's Pumpkin, the Cheshire Cat and Snow White. The whole family can enjoy boating, biking or picnicking under the Spanish moss-draped oak trees.
- Daily Sunrise-11pm
- Things to Do with Kids: "Don't miss Celebration in the Oaks if you come during the holidays, a fabulous walk-through light show perfect for families."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Spend $15-$22 to rent a kayak or canoe and explore the bayous and lagoons of City Park."
- Free Things to Do: "During the summer months, shade under the massive live oak trees is a hot commodity - stake your claim early in the day."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Rent a paddle boat or SUP and head out on the lagoon."
- Things to Do in Fall: "Have a beignet and coffee at Morning Call in the park."
- Outdoor Activities: "City Park is transformed into a holiday wonderland during the annual Celebration in the Oaks lighting spectacular."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This is the largest green space in the city with its own special play area for kids.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: City Park is the city's most accessible green space, a place for runners, bikers and anybody in need of some Mother Nature.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: City Park has a multitude of free options for the New Orleans traveler: the sculpture gardens behind NOMA, picnic areas, playgrounds, exercise circuits and more.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: City Park, with its leafy canopy of live oaks and natural beauty is the perfect place to spend a quiet, relaxing day.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: Gorgeous City Park is every New Orleanian's front and back yard.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: City Park is the city's front yard, much loved and used by locals of every stripe.