Explore New Orleans
Li'l Dizzy's Cafe
Cuisine: American, Creole, Local Specialty, Seafood
Situated on leafy Esplanade Avenue, Li'l Dizzy's delivers authentic Creole and Southern fare in a friendly, family atmosphere. Order from the menu if you like, dishes like jambalaya omelet with... Read More
Situated on leafy Esplanade Avenue, Li'l Dizzy's delivers authentic Creole and Southern fare in a friendly, family atmosphere. Order from the menu if you like, dishes like jambalaya omelet with biscuits and grilled catfish and eggs are legendary favorites. But if your appetite knows no bounds, opt for the buffet. You'll get change from a $20 and the chance to tuck into made-to-order crab omelets, rice and beans, seafood gumbo and hot from the fryer chicken that is crispy, light and succulent. For dessert, bread pudding is the best choice night or day. Expect to be treat like family, another reason locals love Li'l Dizzy's.
1500 Esplanade Ave
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Brunch: "The brunch buffet is one tasty bargain but if you want a Bloody Mary, bring your own, Li'l Dizzy's doesn't have a bar."
- Homestyle: "Sorry Willie Mae, L'il Dizzy's has my vote for best fried chicken."
- Family Friendly: "The Sunday brunch buffet is a steal at $17.99."
- Best for Brunch Because: This family-owned cafe in the Seventh Ward dishes downhome goodness and some of the best fried chicken in town.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Family owned and frequented by locals, L'il Dizzy's is a gem worth discovering for the hungry visitor.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Family-owned, this Treme classic dishes some of the best fried chicken in town.