Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
Type: Aquariums, Family Friendly
Located on the banks of the Mississippi River in the French Quarter, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas offers visitors a chance to pet stingrays, feed exotic birds, and ogle sharks in their 40,000... Read More
Located on the banks of the Mississippi River in the French Quarter, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas offers visitors a chance to pet stingrays, feed exotic birds, and ogle sharks in their 40,000 gallon Gulf of Mexico exhibit, which simulates ocean life under an oil rig. The colors of a Caribbean reef are featured in a walk-through tunnel, while penguins and Southern sea otters always entertain. Home to more than 10,000 aquatic animals from all over the Americas, the aquarium also offers an in-house IMAX theater. If you have the time, pay $49.95 for adults, $39.95 for seniors and kids 2-12 (plus tax) and bundle visits to the zoo, aquarium IMAX® Theatre and Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. .
- Tue-Sun 10am-5pm
- Adult $19.95; Senior (65+) $15.95; Child (2-12) $12.95
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Save $2 per ticket if you purchase online."
- Things to Do with Kids: "For an unforgettable experience, you can take a guided snorkeling adventure into the Aquarium's 400,000 gallon Great Maya Reef habitat for $125."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Everybody loves otters. Be sure to check out the Aquarium's sea otter exhibit."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This is one of the easy to access attractions for families staying in the French Quarter.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This aquarium does a terrific job on all levels, and it offers a wonderful respite from the summer heat on swampy days.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Audubon Aquarium is a great place for families to spend a half day exploring nature in water.