Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
Type: Aquariums, Family Friendly
Located on the banks of the Mississippi River in the French Quarter, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas offers visitors a chance to pet sting rays, feed exotic birds, and ogle sharks in their 40,000... Read More
Located on the banks of the Mississippi River in the French Quarter, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas offers visitors a chance to pet sting rays, feed exotic birds, and ogle sharks in their 40,000 gallon Gulf of Mexico exhibit, which simulates ocean life under an oil rig. The colors of a Caribbean reef are featured in a walk-through tunnel, while penguins and Southern sea otters always entertain. Home to more than 10,000 aquatic animals from all over the Americas, the aquarium also offers an in-house Big Screen theater. If you have the time,for about $45 for adults and $35 for seniors or kids 2-12, you can bundle visits to the zoo, aquarium, Entergy Big Screen Theater and Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium. .
- Tue-Sun 10am-5pm
- Adult $19.95; Senior (65+) $15.95; Child (2-12) $12.95
- Things to Do with Kids: "Get a diver's eye view in the Caribbean Reef tunnel, a 30 foot long walk through Caribbean sea life."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out the indoor/outdoor aviary filled with brightly plumed birds facing the river."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "Everybody loves otters. Be sure to check out the Aquarium's sea otter exhibit."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This aquarium does a terrific job on all levels, and it offers a wonderful respite from the summer heat on swampy days.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: This is one of the easy to access attractions for families staying in the French Quarter.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Audubon Aquarium is a great place for families to spend a half day exploring nature in water.