Explore New Orleans
Audubon Zoo, located in Uptown New Orleans is a great place for a family visit. Home to more than 2,000 animals, the zoo is open year-round, from Tuesday through Sunday (seven days a week during the... Read More
Audubon Zoo, located in Uptown New Orleans is a great place for a family visit. Home to more than 2,000 animals, the zoo is open year-round, from Tuesday through Sunday (seven days a week during the summer). Learning the eating habits of a Komodo Dragon under the Louisiana sun can get hot, so the Zoo features Cool Zoo, a small-scale water park complete with an alligator water slide. The zoo is located across the street from Audubon Park, and adjacent to The Fly, a great place to lay out in full view of the Mississippi River. Ask about Monkey Hill, a mound for climbing popular with local tykes.
6500 Magazine St
New Orleans, LA 70118
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $22.95; Senior (65+) $19.95; Child (2-12) $17.95
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you are visiting the Zoo in the summer months with children, don't miss the Cool Zoo splash attractions and Lazy River ride."
- Things to Do with Kids: "If you are visiting the zoo in the summer months with children, go ahead and buy the Cool Zoo wristbands right off the bat."
- Things to Do in Fall: "For 2019 there are two fall dates (Oct. 12, Nov. 9) for Safari after Dark, an overnight educational event for families that includes crafts, animal encounters, fireside activities, behind-scenes tour and night hike."
- Family-Friendly Museums: "If you are visiting the Zoo in the summer months with children, go ahead and buy the "Cool Zoo" wristbands right off the bat."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Always fun to wander, the zoo offers a slice of different wildlife than you'll see on Bourbon Street.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The zoo is a green oasis of natural habitat spaces for all kinds of exotic creatures.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: This zoo delivers plenty of fun for kids of all ages.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: Audubon Zoo has many great interactive areas for families to really get some one-on-one with the animals.