Explore New Orleans
Type: Historic Sites, Sightseeing
Often called the heart of New Orleans, Jackson Square is full of energy and activity. Facing the Mississippi River and directly across from the St. Louis Cathedral, the Square stands in the shadows of... Read More
Often called the heart of New Orleans, Jackson Square is full of energy and activity. Facing the Mississippi River and directly across from the St. Louis Cathedral, the Square stands in the shadows of the Andrew Jackson statue, erected for his heroism during the Battle of New Orleans. Here you will find street artists painting during the day and jazz musicians by night, along with fortune-tellers and other kinds of street theater. The gardens are great for a leisurely stroll. This is one of the sites for the French Quarter Festival in April, where local restaurants set up stands and dish out delicious cuisine.
701 Decatur St
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Romantic Things to Do: "Walking around the square is a great way to connect with local artists."
- Things to Do with Kids: "Jackson Square is one of the best places to hear live buskers that appeal to the whole family."
- Historic Sites: "This sidewalk amphitheater is where both artists and street entertainers congregate."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Jackson Square offers much for the romantic couple during the day, but taking a mule-drawn carriage ride at night is a smooch-worthy option.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: No visit to New Orleans is complete without seeing Jackson Square.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: Jackson Square is one of the iconic places in the city.