Explore New Orleans
Woldenberg Riverfront Park
A 16-acre haven of green located between the French Quarter and the Mississippi, Woldenberg Riverfront Park is a perfect place to unwind after a jaunt in the Quarter. There is some interesting public... Read More
A 16-acre haven of green located between the French Quarter and the Mississippi, Woldenberg Riverfront Park is a perfect place to unwind after a jaunt in the Quarter. There is some interesting public art, a newly redone riverside promenade, busking musicians and festivals that offer visitors a truly unforgettable New Orleans experience. Park-goers can stroll the Moonwalk path for stunning views of the busy port, the Greater New Orleans Bridge and the Toulouse Street Wharf, as well. There is no shortage of characters and panhandlers as well, something you'll see everywhere in the city. If your kids aren't used to this aspect of city living, you might want to address it in advance.
- Mon-Thu: 6am-10pm
- Fri-Sun: 6am-11pm
- Things to Do with Kids: "If it's busy at Cafe Du Monde, get your beignets to-go and eat them on a bench facing the river."
- Free Things to Do: "If you're heading to a festival at Woldenberg Park, stake out a spot along the railing adjacent to the Mississippi River for great views."
- Outdoor Activities: "Get in the take away line at Cafe du Monde and eat your beignets in the park by the river."
- Attractions near Smoothie King Center: "Be sure to have a few dollar bills on you at all times. The musicians that play on the streets and along the river live off of their tips."
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Walking with the kids along the river is a great way to have them run off steam and see the mighty Mississippi.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Woldenberg Park is the only place where you can hear free live music from name acts literally next to the Mississippi River.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The park offers a wonderful and rare chance for most visitors to really see the Mississippi River.
- Best for Attractions near Smoothie King Center Because: This park gives visitors access to the Mighty Mississippi.