Explore New Orleans
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Katie Sikora Photography
Photo courtesy of Julian
Arana Taqueria Y Cantina
Price Range: $$
Arana Taqueria y Cantina, home to local chef Richard Papier, is a popular Magazine Street specializing in flavorfuil Mexican cuisine. The name, which means spider in Spanish, is a nod to the chef's... Read More
Arana Taqueria y Cantina, home to local chef Richard Papier, is a popular Magazine Street specializing in flavorfuil Mexican cuisine. The name, which means spider in Spanish, is a nod to the chef's longtime nickname. Look for slow braised pork, beef, chicken and duck cooked in banana leaves and dishes seasoned with achiote. Papier, who has worked alongside chefs Emeril Lagasse, Donald link and Susan Spicer, gets creative with smoky chicken mole, a send up on chicken fried steak called torta Milanese and a variety of 12 different tacos including killer fish tacos with jalapeno sauce and a tasty carne asada. The chef recently launched a new menu featuring crowd pleasing Mexican dishes like fajitas, burritos and enchiladas - including the New Orleans-flavored fried oyster tostadas.
- Brunch: "Most dishes are ideal for sharing as portions are hefty."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Sunday brunch includes $18 bottomless mimosas and margaritas."
- Garden District's Best Lunch, Garden District's Best Brunch, Family Friendly: "Sunday brunch includes $15 bottomless mimosas and margaritas."
- Best for Brunch Because: Sunday brunch includes $15 bottomless bloody Marys, mimosas and margaritas.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: This is a solid spot for tasty and healthful Mexican on Magazine.
- Best for Garden District's Best Lunch Because: A nice change from Creole fare, Arana Taquiria delivers tasty Mexican eats and a killer happy hour.
- Best for Garden District's Best Brunch Because: Situated on busy Magazine, this is an ideal brunch with South of the Border flavor.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Solid spot for tasty Mexican on Magazine.